Monday, August 18, 2014

Saint Agnes School - "Joe Somebody" Filming Location - St. Paul, MN

Saint Agnes School, located at 530 Lafond Avenue in St. Paul, Minnesota, was the location used for the basketball scene in the 2001 film "Joe Somebody." During my visit, this spot was referred to as "the old gym." Above is a still from the film; below is the same spot in August of 2014.

Above is a still from the film, which was a scene between Tim Allen and Julie Bowen. You can see the gym hasn't changed much in the 2014 photo below. The day I was there, they were doing some moving around of equipment due to construction in another part of the school.

The staff at the school told me the walls were painted yellow for the production of "Joe Somebody" and the school decided to keep it after filming was complete. The two logos above the basketball hoop were also put there by the film crew. I must say, this gym did have a certain kind of charm to it.

I'd like to thank the staff at Saint Agnes for sharing their stories from the film with me and letting me take photos of the gym. I really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment