Saturday, August 16, 2014

Groveland Park Elementary School - "Little Big League" Filming Location - St. Paul, MN

"Little Big League" was always one of my favorite films as a child. Afterall, a kid gets to tell grown-ups what to do. I knew most of it had to be filmed in Minnesota because the story focused around the Minnesota Twins. After a little research, I found the school used as Billy's school for the interior shots only. The above image is a still from the film showing Billy running down the stairs. Below is the same spot in August of 2014.

The principal comes out of his office in the above shot to scold Billy for running; below is the same location in 2014.

Above is a still showing a long shot down the hallway; below in 2014. Notice the circular window on the door to the right of the image.

 Billy chats with his friends outside of the janitor's closet. Below is the same spot in 2014.

Groveland Park School is located at 2045 St. Clair Avenue in St. Paul, Minnesota. I want to thank the staff working at the school the day I visited for being so extremely helpful in finding these locations throughout the building. Your kindness was much appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. I used to go to this school I moved to burnsville though

    ReplyDelete