Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Bayport BBQ - Bayport, MN


My family was nice enough to take me out for some BBQ for Father's Day. I've been wanting to visit Bayport BBQ for quite some time, especially after they appeared on "Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives" in 2015. They can be found at 328 5th Avenue North in Bayport, Minnesota.


The atmosphere is casual, as a BBQ joint should be. The food was served buffet style and included pork ribs, sausage, pulled pork and brisket (a rare item in Minnesota) with multiple sides like corn bread and cheesy potatoes.


I don't want to knock this place. It's family owned and they work hard. The bread is fresh and the lemonade is good. However, this is not a bread & lemonade establishment - it's all about the meat. A few of the meats were good, a few were so-so and one was terrible (ribs). Will I be back? This place is a one and done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment