Thursday, October 9, 2014

Divine Redeemer Hospital - "The Cure," "Drop Dead Gorgeous" & "Grumpy Old Men" Filming Location - St. Paul, MN


Sometimes I visit locations and they are the same as they were in the film and I get very excited! Sometimes I visit locations and they are torn down, which is the case in the Divine Redeemer Hospital. This hospital was used in at least three different movies. This location was used in the film "The Cure," as shown in the two stills above. "Drop Dead Gorgeous" filmed their hospital scenes here as did the hospital scenes at the end of "Grumpy Old Men."
It saddens me that it's gone. Well, most of it is gone. The bulk of the hospital was torn down in 2012. All thats left is this administration building shown in my image above. It was taken in September of 2014. The address is 724 19th Avenue North in South St. Paul, Minnesota.

1 comment:

  1. I’m sad it’s gone too. I was born there. I had no idea it was in movies though, fun bit of trivia.
    From what I remember of the show General Hospital, the exterior of DR resembles that too.

    ReplyDelete